We recognize the contributions Japanese Americans have made to the San Diego region by preserving and making available artifacts, photographs, and other information chronicling their history and experiences.
We achieve our Mission by:
- Collecting, cataloging and preserving objects, photographs and documents.
- Creating exhibitions; making our archives available for research opportunities; providing outreach presentations in local schools and universities; and participating in community cultural and historical events.
- Publishing Footprints, a quarterly newsletter for our Membership.
- Reporting on our activities at an annual membership meeting;
- Recognizing significant contributions to the Japanese American community with our annual Kansha Award.