To collect, preserve and promote the history of Japanese Americans in the San Diego region; we will endeavor to advance education and expand understanding through collaboration so their experiences and contributions will not be forgotten.
We achieve our Mission by:
- Collecting, cataloging and preserving artifacts, photographs and documents.
- Creating exhibitions; making our archives available for research opportunities; providing outreach presentations in local schools and universities; and participating in community cultural and historical events.
- Publishing Footprints, a newsletter for our Membership.
- Reporting on our activities at an annual membership meeting;
- Recognizing significant contributions to the Japanese American community with our annual Kansha Award.